SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE UPDATES
Make a difference for yourself, for others and for your community. Volunteer!
YMCAs are among the world’s leading volunteer organizations. All YMCAs were founded by volunteers and are led by volunteers. Whether you are an adult or a young person, when you volunteer at the YMCA, even a little time and talent go a long way. You can lead a program, work with young people, coach youth sports, teach a fitness class, raise needed funds, help at a special event, serve on a committee and more. In addition, volunteering helps you with gaining experience and skills that can be used in other areas. The YMCA is seeking volunteers who are interested in serving on the program committee. This committee focuses on ensuring that all YMCA programs achieve the highest quality standards, meets the needs of the community and promotes healthy lifestyles. Start volunteering today!
A few ways to get involved:
- Share a special skill or talent by teaching a class or workshop. Examples include sewing, quilting, cooking, chess, pickleball, robotics, etc.
- Assist with homework time for the students who come to the Y after school. Consider being a tutor!
- Plan and/or help out with Special Events
- Office support (filing, phone calls, special projects)
- Property maintenance. We always have weeds that need to be pulled, machines that can be cleaned, dusting, and windows to be washed!
- Greeter or tour guide
- Serve on a committee or the board of directors