Child Development Administrator
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE UPDATES
The Alleghany Highlands YMCA is seeking a candidate to fill the full-time Child Development Administrator position for the organization’s Early Learning Program.
- Manages, directs and coordinates the school age early learning programs for assigned location(s). Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring and monitoring menu quality.
- Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Maintains proper records/department files.
- Organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
- Provides leadership for Early Learning Program Committee meetings.
- Provides leadership for Early Learning staff meetings.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of, and participation in, program.
- Provides leadership for implementation of Virginia Star Quality Initiative rating program.
- Maintains proper records / department files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of child care programs.
- Minimum age requirements may apply.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards (if any) and completion of YMCA program specific certifications.
- Ability to related effectively to diverse groups of people from all socio-economic segments of the community.
- Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Must be available early mornings and late evenings.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to Multi-Task.
- Must be able to handle a mid to high level of stress.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.