The ALLEGHANY HIGHLANDS YMCA Board of Directors is accepting resumes for the chief executive officer position. It is the goal of the board to complete the hiring process and provide an opportunity for the successful applicant and outgoing CEO to work together prior to the changeover.
Applicants must submit a resume, along with a cover letter that speaks to the applicant's ability to meet the following essential functions of the position.
- Partners with the governing board to set the organization’s policies, goals, and strategic direction. Implements its policies, plans and directives, and reports on matters affecting the welfare of the association.
- Provides leadership in securing needed resources for current operations, capital improvement, community development and long range financial stability. Oversees the long-range development of the association's resources. Ensures fundraising activities and strategies are sufficient to support the Y’s charitable needs.
- Initiates and fosters relationships with all constituents through a systematic cultivation plan designed to increase support of the Y. Maximizes community partnerships, engages volunteers, and cultivates and solicits top donors and community leaders. Interprets the purpose and programs of the Association.
- Directs the development of the strategic plan and assures the accomplishment of organizational goals and objectives.
- Intentionally uses change as a strategy to expand options and opportunities and better leverage Y resources and capabilities. Oversees YMCA operations and programs and works with the board and staff to anticipate and address community needs. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member- focused programs. Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective strategies and processes.
- Creates successful change by aligning structures, systems, and processes that are linked to the change. Directs the staff to carry out initiatives, assignments and programs under the approved strategic plan and annual budget. Ensures a positive workplace culture and an effective staff organization.
- Communicates and collaborates with government, schools, other not-for profits, corporations and other organizations in the community. Interprets the work of the YMCA to the community and ensures its cause, vision, values and goals are understood. Executes strategic alliances with other Ys, community organizations, and global partners to benefit the community (e.g., state alliances, health care facilities, schools).
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships within the community and the Association, as well as within the state, regional, national and international YMCA movements.
- Recommends annual budget for board approval. Ensures prudent fiscal management, reporting and controls. Oversees financial operations.
Salary range: $65,000 to $75,000 , depending on experience and qualifications.
College degree required and applicant must hold or be willing to obtain Organizational Leadership Certification through YMCA of the USA within three years of employment.
Packet containing the applicant's cover letter and resume should be electronically mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: September 29, 2023 by COB (5pm, EST)